Skype Hypnotherapy FAQs
Does Skype Hypnotherapy work?
Hypnotherapy done online via platforms such as Skype or Zoom can be very effective. After a surprisingly short time it is easy to forget you’re on different sides of a computer screen and it is almost like you’re both in the same room together.
Got questions? Want to get in touch? Contact me by CLICKING HERE
Advantages of Skype / Zoom Hypnotherapy
• Comfort: You can relax in the comfort and familiarity of your own home.
• Ease: No need to spend time travelling to (and searching for!) your hypnotherapist’s office or clinic.
• Choice: You’re not limited to finding a suitable hypnotherapist who’s based near you.
• Location: You are not limited to finding a therapist within your immediate vicinity.
• Anonymity: You can avoid the potential embarrassment of bumping into your hypnotherapist in your local area.
What you need for Online Hypnotherapy
• Skype: A Skype account (very easy to set up at www.skype.com)
• Zoom: Very simple: your therapist will send you a meeting link, and you just click on it to accept the invitation
• A fast and reliable broadband / DSL internet connection
• A computer headset (available at reasonable prices online) or microphone & headphones / speakers
• A computer or tablet with webcam
• A comfortable, peaceful, undisturbed spot (put a sign on the door if necessary!)
• If you can, schedule your day so that you have some time after the session to rest and relax. This is not completely necessary but it is beneficial to have some space afterwards to process and integrate anything that went on for you during your time in hypnosis.
• Switch off your telephone and mobile phone. Make sure that there are no kitchen appliances on that need supervision – eg ovens, fires, etc.
• If there is anybody else in the house ask them to keep quiet, and let them know that you are not to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Put a note on the door if necessary. If you alone in the house lock your front door.
• If there are pets / children in the house make sure they are supervised if necessary and kept quiet for the duration of the session.
• If you do have anything important to do after the session, set an alarm clock to go off at the appropriate time. This is because you may feel so comfortable and relaxed during the session that you may drift off to sleep afterwards.
• If possible use a headset, or headphones, for better sound quality (it also helps if your headphones have a long lead so that you can easily lie back in a comfortable position). If you don’t have headphones then that’s fine; it’s not completely necessary.
• Ensure you have a comfortable place to sit or lie back, with support for your head/neck. Position your webcam so that your face and upper body are visible. If using a laptop you could try positioning it by the sofa / bed so that you can lie back comfortably, if it is possible to do this and still be visible on the screen.
• If by any chance we experience connection problems, telephone me and we can continue the session using another platform.
If you have any more questions you can get in touch by sending me a message below.